CCAAC is an expert advisory panel, which provides advice to the Minister for Small Business on consumer policy issues.
CCAAC’s terms of reference are to:
- consider issues, reports and papers referred to it by the Minister and report to the Minister on their consumer policy implications, and in doing so take account the need for well-functioning markets with confident consumers;
- identify emerging issues affecting Australian markets and consumers and draw these to the attention of the Minister; and
- when considering consumer policy issues, take account of their competition and other relevant economic implications.
The membership of the CCAAC consists of:
- Mr Colin Neave AM (Chair);
- Ms Carolyn Bond;
- Professor Stephen Corenes;
- Ms Lynda Edwards;
- Ms Deborah Healey;
- Mr Gordon Renouf;
- Dr Rhonda Smith;
- Mr Ray Steinwall; and
- Mr Peter Kell.